The breakdown of a relationship is one of life’s most stressful events. We can help you regain control. Your first appointment is free


Geelong Family Lawyers is pleased to provide clients with a broad range of family law services.

We welcome clients with enquiries involving married, same sex and de facto matters.


Resolution of Disputes Involving Children

Disputes involving ongoing arrangements for the care, welfare and development of children can cause great difficulty and heartache for everyone involved. Particularly when communication is compromised. Such disputes commonly involve both parents, but can include grandparents, carers and other family and interested parties. We have extensive experience assisting clients navigate their way through such disputes, towards positive child-focused outcomes.

We can assist with matters such as:

  • Negotiating and formalising an arrangement for who the children live with, and the children’s time and communication with the other parent / party. (Historically referred to as “custody”)
  • Recovery Orders – for example, where one parent has failed to return / over-held the children
  • Relocation – for example, where a party wishes to relocate with the children, or where a party does not agree to a proposed / threatened / suspected relocation with the children indicated by the other party
  • Passport Issues and Child Abduction
  • Hague Convention Cases



Property settlements

When a couple separates, the personal relationship is not the only aspect that draws to a close. It is often necessary to finalise the financial relationship as well. We can assist you to obtain the financial certainty you need across a diversity of financial and property related matters such as:

  • Property settlements
  • Superannuation disputes
  • Spousal support
  • Injunctions / protection of assets


Binding Financial Agreements and the protection of assets

A Binding Financial Agreement allows married or de facto partners to address their respective property and superannuation interests, and/or spousal maintenance, in a way that is mutually acceptable to them both, without going to Court.  A Binding Financial Agreement can be entered into before marriage or cohabitation, during the marriage/cohabitation or after separation.

We can advise you about the advantages and disadvantages of entering into a Binding Financial Agreement and, where appropriate, prepare your Binding Financial Agreement tailored to the particular circumstances of you and your partner or former partner.




Once married parties have been separated for 12 months, either or both parties may wish to formalise their separation by applying to the Court for a divorce. We can assist clients with all aspects of applying for a divorce, or alternatively, responding to an Application for Divorce.



Intervention Orders / Family Violence

We have extensive experience in matters concerning Family Violence, (sometimes referred to as “domestic violence”) including Intervention Order matters.

We can provide legal advice to a client who:

  • Is considering applying / has applied for an Intervention Order against another person; and /or
  • Is responding to an Application for an Intervention Order made against them.

We have years of experience in representing both Applicants and Respondents in Intervention Order matters at Court, and are very confident in doing so.


Mediation can be a very positive way for parties to reach resolution in family law matters, which can avert the need to proceed to Court (litigation). We are highly experienced with a diverse range of mediation services, and would welcome the opportunity to assist you throughout that process.


Court Representation

We have significant experience in Court representation and advocacy and would welcome the opportunity to represent you. We are confident advocates, and will ensure that you feel supported and informed throughout the Court process, in the event that it becomes necessary to litigate your matter.


Enforcement Issues / Contravention Proceedings

If you are concerned that a previous agreement, such as a Court Order, has been disregarded either in whole or in part by another party, we can provide you with legal advice, and, if necessary, representation with regards to any enforcement / contravention issues you may have.



Geelong Family Lawyers

Your first 30 minute appointment is free

Call us on (03) 5229 1919